Sunday 17 February 2013

Enveloped by envelopes

I'm a little bit confused by envelope sizes - if anyone can advise me I'd be very grateful!

I've been making a few cards but I haven't been making envelopes - I should probably learn but I just haven't got round to it yet. I was hoping I could buy some plain ones the right size - particularly to go with an A6 butterfly card I have just finished.

A few searches on line seemed to indicate that I needed to buy C6 envelopes for A6 cards, so that's what I ordered, but when they came they were just a little too big.

This first one shows the A5 card laid across the front of the C6 envelope (it's plain silver card - ignore the reflections!). 


This one shows the same card laid across the back- it's easier to see in this one the difference in size. 


The envelope will certainly hold the card and will probably be ok in the post, but it doesn't look quite professional, it looks a little too obvious that the envelope wasn't made specifically for this card. 

I'm a little bit confused, and like I say - if you can advise on what envelope size I should be buying for A6 cards - or even better if you can recommend somewhere to get them from I'd be really grateful. 

In the mean time here's the front of the butterfly card I'm hoping to find an envelope for...



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, thanks for the comment on my blog post! It's so nice to know that I'm not alone on the feeling blah because sometimes it feels like you're the only person in the world going through it. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not! I hope you feel better soon too xx

    With the envelope thing, C6 is the right size for A6 cards. They're always made a tad bigger, mainly so that if a card is embellished, it can still fit in or so that if your letter is quite thick, you can still use the C6 envelopes. Hope that helps! Pretty card by the way, it'd look lovely on a mantle piece xx

    Lisa
    papercraftbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Sorry it has taken so long to respond, I didn't spot this comment was here until a couple of days ago - must check whats happening with my email alerts from the blog!

    Thank you so much for the info on the envelopes. I still havent managed to actually produce anything worth selling, and still havent sourced envelopes. Its so hard to find time to do this around my job etc. Maybe that will be the theme for my next blog post!

    ReplyDelete